We’ve reached the final round of lessons, which means we’re closer to a few important deadlines. You may be able to recite these in your sleep by now, but here they are again:
- Research Journals: You must complete 5 entries on your blog regarding your research process.
- They do not need to include an article, but they need to be 350-500 words long unless you are writing an annotation
- They are due at the time your class begins on Friday, March 10th
- Library Consultations: You need to meet with a librarian to gain the process points for your project two, part two (Your AB)
- Sign-up for a session using the Doodle link I emailed to you
- Attend that session with the librarian consultation form (located under Course Documents), and two completed annotations
- Take a picture of/scan page two of the form and your two annotations, and email them to me on the day of your consultation by 10:00PM
- Annotated Bibliography:Your completed AB should include:
- 7 sources in total
- 3 of those sources should be scholarly/peer-reviewed (Senior, Masters, and Doctoral thesis/dissertation are not acceptable)
- Annotations must be complete meaning have a citation, summary, and evaluation
- Should be 160 words each (only with summary and evaluation–not citation)
These are your future deadlines. Based on conversations we’ve had today, I want to do a brief annotation review, especially since some of you will not be in class March 10th. Also, be aware that missing March 10th class, without an excuse, is an unexcused absence.
I met with the two groups presenting in each class, and I think they may take more time than I intended, so I’m cutting the activity a little short. Here is all you need to bring in for Tuesday”
Bring: A popular article that you want to use in your annotated bibliography
- Print the article out for easier access
- Annotate (take notes on): the article by highlighting key phrases, making notes in the margins
- Be prepared to write an annotation for that article
That’s your independent work. Here’s what your classmates are asking from you:
Cailyn and Joanna: Take this survey and answer with your honest opinion: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6TOoBRvDpnRa9KZh4Lv77U1NEoJTrC0yPk-tZViD8DphTEQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- The survey is due on Sunday at 10:00PM
Salman and Shannon:
To end today’s blog, we have puppies, yes very important, but how else can we make puppies cuter?
Just add BRACES.