Let’s give a huge round of applause to our first teachers who might be better at my job, funnier, and more engaging than I am. The bar is set pretty high, but I have faith each of your teams will rise to meet it.
As for homework from your classmates, we have a change in events for each, so please read carefully.
FYP12: Laura, Jaya, and Ally have decided to assign homework in light of our meeting. Here is what they’re asking you to do by Thursday at 6:00PM as a post on your blog:
- Classmates will have to describe their earliest childhood memory in a minimum of 250 words
- Be descriptive
FYP17: The homework you have from the following groups has also changed a bit:
Hannah and Jahnese:
- In your notebook, answer the following question:
- What do you think of when you hear a child has “special needs”? If you know anyone with special needs, discuss how this person’s life is different in home/school when compared to a person who doesn’t have special needs?
Lexi, Julia, Joseline
- Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJRFClybmk
- List some of the points that the woman in the video says and whether you agree or disagree. Why?
- Answer in a 300 word response on the blog by Thursday at 6:00PM
If you are presenting Friday, 2/24:
- Send me a copy of your article you’re using to present the night before you teach
- Bring me a hard copy of your annotation for the article your work is based on (one per group member)
- Bring me a hard copy of your lesson plan
- Must meet with me once before hand to get your lesson approved
If you presented today:
- Send me a recap of your lesson (questions for what to send are on the project sheet) by 10:00PM tonight
- Post your annotation as a reply to the post titled: “Annotations for FYP” The same blog post will be used for both classes
If you present next Tuesday 2/28
- Have the homework you want to assign for Tuesday by Friday’s class
- Meet with me to discuss your lesson plan
On to your individual homework:
Based on the annotation practice homework, I thought it best to have a redo assignment. You can analyze the annotations more in-depth, and it helps to raise your grade. Win-win! What you you need to do, and what we went over in class, is below:
- Access the Annotation corrections that I sent to you via email
- To do the corrections, I copy and pasted your annotation on to the second page of the document I sent you. Go to the corrections I left you, and assess how it is different from the one you wrote originally
- Make a list of the corrections that I made–meaning, describe what the changes were. (Example- the publication was italicized, the title had quotes added to it, “et al.” was added to the primary author)
- On page three of the document, rewrite the annotations with the amendments I suggested. Highlight any changes that you make from the original so I can see how you altered it.
Please send me your revised annotation by Thursday at 8:00PM
Did anyone know that Lifetime (I know them because they air project runway now–bye, Bravo–) had a Britney Spears lifetime movie?!
I heard it sucks, but you can try it out, one more time (HAH).